[Yum] installing an old version of an update

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Fri Nov 21 15:50:56 UTC 2008

Hi.

I'm running centos 4.X with yum 2.4.3.  I'm trying to install an older
version of an "update" from the yum update repository.  The problem is
that when I do "yum list all", I don't even see the update even though
the file is there.  In my particular case, I have a script that I use to
   install a specific set of updates on machines.  It works as long as
new versions of those updates are not available.  I've tried specifying
the full version/arch/etc, and it still doesn't work.  Just because a
new version of an update comes out and is in the repository, I don't
want it being installed on all of my machines until I've had my own time
to test it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jason.