[Yum] installing multiple arches

Evelyn Brengle ebrengle at us.ibm.com
Wed May 21 23:03:35 UTC 2008

I just updated my system from fc6 to f9, and thus updated yum.
   yum-3.2.14-10.fc9.noarch
   python-2.5.1-25.fc9.ppc

I have an rpm with two arches:  foo.ppc and foo.ppc64.
In my yum repository, they are both default installs.

Previously, "yum install foo" would install both of the arches.
This is what I want.  Now, however, only one of the arches installs:

Testing various versions of yum, I find:
yum-3.2.12 - both rpms install
yum-3.2.13 - the ppc64 rpm installs, but the ppc rpm does not
yum-3.2.14 (f9) - the ppc rpm installs, but the ppc64 rpm does not
yum-3.2.16 - the ppc64 rpm installs, but the ppc rpm does not

Was some deliberate change made between yum-3.2.12 and yum-3.2.13 to
cause this behavior?  Is there some configuration setting I can use to
restore the
behavior back to "both"?

Thank you.

Evelyn Brengle