[Yum] Re: networked cachedir?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Sun Mar 30 01:25:50 UTC 2008

David Timms wrote:
> Morgan Read wrote:
>> Realise this is an often asked question, but wondered if a networked
>> cache location was something that could be set in yum.conf?
> People have had issues when using cachedir as a network nfs share, check
> the list history.
Hmm, was hoping to avoid setting up a fully-fledged network scenario

>>  In combination with keepcache=1, this might minimize bandwidth with a
>> simple "yum update -C" from any local machine?  (What determines how
>> long headers and packages are kept by default?)
> yum.conf: metadata_expire=
> seconds I think.
Thanks.

> There are some tools to build a yum repo mirror in your local network.
Hmm again, was hoping to avoid mirroring a whole repo - most of which
probably isn't necessary (I've got two similar machines).

Thanks,
M.

--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
        http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: