[Yum] RFE: skip-undownloadable - that operates when rpms aren't retrievable

Matthew Marian matthew.marian at verizon.net
Fri Mar 14 21:08:12 UTC 2008

Hi   to Timms

I wasn't sure from your message if you were looking for a "fix" or
requesting improvements to a plugin
So if I am missing the plot , I apologize up front.
the same thing happened to me today ( assuming livna ), I had downloaded
about 423 meg
and I didn't want to clean all to download again.  so I did a clean
dbcache  then disabled  the repo
and proceeded to update again, same thing happened due to one package
still needing deps from the disabled repo,  I manually excluded the 3
offending packages  ,and proceeded to update again - it did not
re-download since "packages" were not cleaned , and all went smoothly
except that I do have 3 packages.
I do have yum-skip-broken installed, but you are right in that it
doesn't handle odd situations like this.

again, If this post wasn't what you wanted , I do apologize  for missing
the boat.
thanks to all who post regularly for all the help you have provided.
Cheers,
Matt