[Yum] yum 3.2.8 - checksum problem (it works fine on 3.0.5)

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 8 06:49:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 22:35 -0800, Nicholas Adrian wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a checksum problem after upgraded to yum 3.2.8 (from 3.0.5).
>
> I have the following code  in the predownload hook.
>
> - - - - -
> def predownload_hook(conduit):
>    pkglist = conduit.getDownloadPackages()
>    for po in pkglist:
>         for (csumtype, csum, csumid) in po.checksums:
>              if csumid:
>                    checksum = "%s:%s" % (csumtype, csum)
>                    break
>
>    print "checksum: %s " % (checksum,)

Yah - so it looks like for sqlite sacks we're not ever making the
checksums list which is required. YumAvailablePackageSqlite just needs a
returnChecksums() method added. I'll get this fixed up but you could
simplify your code by using:

1. po.pkgId - that's the only checksum you really need
2. po.returnIdSum() - which returns the checksum type and the checksum
in a tuple

I'd suggest number 1 - that's most consistent

However, I will fix this.