[Yum] yum does not work any more

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:36:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Philipp Walderdorff
<ph.walderdorff at gmx.at> wrote:
> What is wrong with my YUM ?

Your license key is expired. Please send $5 to Seth Vidal to use yum
for another 90 days. :-)

Seriously though. Let's take a look below.

>  [erwin at philipp ~]$ sudo yum update yum

Hmmm. you don't tell us which version of yum you're using, or on which
distribution.

>  'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 6, in ?
>     import yummain
>   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 18, in ?
>     import os
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/os.py", line 134

Hmm, shot in the dark here, but I'd guess this is your issue. It
appears you've updated python, and installed it to /usr/local. Most
yum enabled distros use python in /usr/lib/python-2.X/os.py

Can you give us some background here and provide some more detail?

George Orwell