[Yum] yum 3.2.12
skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 3 20:35:05 UTC 2008
Yum 3.2.12 is out and available:
- installed_object.verify() works much like and/or better than rpm -Va
does now and enables the yum-verify plugin
- a number of memory saving improvements
- speed ups in handling of excludes
- for both of the ia64 users it is now enabled again!
- when depsolving we've added a number of heuristics to pick the right
provider from a list of providers. A couple of the heuristics include:
- see if the sourcerpm of the providing and the requiring packages
is the same
- see if the most characters of the package name lead match. This
helps with cases like both totem-lirc and xmms-lirc providing the
library for totem-debuginfo.
- write method for the comps object in yum to write out a compliant
comps xml file based on the imported comps files.
A good sized set of depsolving improvements, translation updates and
See the changelog for full details:
let us know what breaks,
More information about the Yum