[Yum] yum grouplist and locale: CTYPE vs MESSAGES

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 18 12:16:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

my locale is en_US.UTF-8 other than LC_CTYPE which is de_DE.UTF-8 for
allowing German character conversions.

This works nicely, e.g. all apps talk to me in English :)

I just found that while yum itself is also talking in English with me,
when I ask for a grouplist it presents it in German, e.g. using
LC_CTYPE settings instead of LC_MESSAGES. Other yum commands like yum
info for example are using LC_MESSAGES.

Would it make sense to change yum to use LC_MESSAGES instead of
LC_CTYPE in grouplist as well? And maybe anywhere else yum may be
using LC_CTYPE?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net