[Yum] Re: yum: list/update to multiple versions of a package

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 23 20:52:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 15:33 -0500, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> The issue is I see there (as here) one version for each rpm+variant
> +arch per repo.
>
> One repo (my archive) has, say, 3 versions of kernel-devel x86_64 (for
> fc8; the fc7 x86_64 repo has many many more); I want to get a list of
> containing all N versions, not just the most recent in the given repo
> for the given rpm+arch+variant.
>
> I am getting a list which looks like the one you're getting.

Right but there have only been 3 kernels released for f8. Many more for
fedora 7 b/c it came before.

2.6.23.1-42.fc8
2.6.23.1-49.fc8
2.6.23.8-63.fc8
2.6.23.9-85.fc8

but we purge down older updates in fedora to keep the mirrors from
growing without bound.

so what you're seeing is what is available.

if you want more evidence of this go to:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/SRPMS/