[Yum] Re: yum: list/update to multiple versions of a package

Derrick Brashear shadow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:37:05 UTC 2008

> > Seth,
> >
> >Have you and the Yum developers had a chance to include the feature such
> >that a yum client can list/see _all_ of the available versions of a
> >package hosted in the yum repository, instead of just the latest
> >version?[1]
>
>showdupesfromrepos=1 will let you see them all.

[]

>At least as of 3.2.8 that should do the right thing. We know we've found
>a bug in the case of kernel installs with 3.2.8 but not with regular
>packages.

I have 3.2.8-2 from fc8
I modified my yum.conf to include this variable.

yum  --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-8-x86_64/root provides kernel-devel

returns nothing

yum -d2 --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-8-x86_64/root provides
kernel-devel
has some debugging output, but does actually list 10 such packages, sans
version info.

So I'd expect yum list to have these all (if i list all the packages which
provide). Instead, I see only the most recent package from each repo.

Is there a way to get it to really show me all versions, including dups, in
every repository?

(I keep an old kernels archive for this project)