[Yum] Yum behavior when no package is found

Maucci, Cyrille cyrille.maucci at hp.com
Tue Feb 26 15:28:50 UTC 2008

Hello yum gurus,

I am a 'new' yum user and have a question to raise here.

When I issue a yum install command where the package to be installed is not found in any repo, yum does not return an error (to a shell return code standpoint).

Is this the expected behavior?

I don't think what is written in the man page (If no package matches the given package name(s), they are assumed to be a shell glob and any matches are then installed) does answer my question.

Many thanks for your help
++Cyrille

#  yum install foo
Setting up Install Process