[Yum] Readonly Repo - createrepo a folder up - works

Gerd Bitzer johncoltrane39 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 10:50:30 UTC 2008

Hi

> David Timms wrote:
> >> It actually works for me {using an iso rather than dvd}:
> > By the way using yum-3.2.8-2.fc8
> > I thought I had done this in the F5/f6 time frame as well.
> >
> Ah, it seems my createrepo is waaaaay to old :) I use
> createrepo-0.4.6-1.el4.rf, the latest available RHEL4 package from dag's
> repository. RHEL5's createrepo-0.4.11-1.el5 does work as you describe,
> processing dir symlinks correctly. Thanks for the info.

What a nightmare :-(

I have tried to install a newer createrepo, for instance createrepo-0.4.11-1.src.rpm. It needs the package yum-metadata-parser. So I d'loaded yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-1.src.rpm from DULUG. When trying to rebuild this src.rpm it needs sqlite-devel. There is sqlite-devel on the box, but only 2.8.17, and yum-metadata-parser wants sqlite > 3. But sqlite versions > 3 seem to be "test" versions, and I don't want to have testverions on this system. :-(

Then I tried another way. Looking on a RHEL5 box standing around I noticed that a relative recent createrepo-0.4.10-1 is available in Dag Wieers repo. So I thought to install this version, without the whole above mentioned hassle, and generate the metadata for my local repo on the RH5 box and copy it over to the RH4 box, in the hope that there are correct paths inside the metadata. But again no luck, same procedure and problems as before :-(. Goddamned :-(

@the official maintainer(s) of yum/createrepo: is there ne official way to generate the repo metadata of rpm's being on a readonly media ???

heeeeeelp =:-(. I cant believe that this is such a nearly undoable task !

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/games/free