[Yum] check-update question

Barry O'Rourke borourke at ph.ed.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 08:44:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

We've got a custom repository that hosts all of our self packaged RPM's
and have grouped all of the RPM's together in a group called ifp-base.
We run a daily script that uses "yum check-update" to verify whether we
need to run a full update.

check-update behaves as expected if we add an updated version of an
existing RPM, the problem is that it doesn't seem to know that we've
added a *new* package to the group, so as far as our script is concerned
there is no updates to be run even though there is a new package in the
repo.

We're running Scientific Linux 5, which includes yum 3.2.8.

Thanks,

Barry

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.