[Yum] cannot install gv of viewing ps fies on redhat el 5

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:04:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Michael Chen
<vancouver.michael at gmail.com> wrote:

> dear there,
>
> "yum search gv" didn't give me anything. A search on
> http://rpm.pbone.net/ give me the package  gv-3.6.2-2.el5.i386.rpm.
> however "yum localinstall" of the package gives me error:
>
> warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 217521f6
> Public key for gv-3.6.2-2.el5.i386.rpm is not installed
>
> please kindly let me know a solution of viewing ps files on RedHat EL 5. Thanks!

This is a list for CentOS issues and questions, but, since CentOS is
100% binary compaitble with RHEL:

1) The Document Viewer should be able to view ps files, and it is a
standard package that you ought to be able to download directly using
yum.

2) If you want to use yum to download something, you need to have repo
files set up for the repositories you want to use (other than RH), and
there are other factors involved as well.  Try reading some of the
documentation on the centos.org wiki, and/or corresponding Red Hat
docs ofr issues regarding yum and repositories.

HTH

mhr