[Yum] Treating 'not found' packages as errors

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Wed Apr 23 19:15:26 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 21:02 +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
>> I have already found that out, the problem is that my.processTransaction()
>> silently refuses to install.
>

>> xpdf
>> xwnc
>> 10 Downloading Packages ()
>> 11 11 ([<yum.sqlitesack.YumAvailablePackageSqlite object at 0x956744c>,
>> <yum.sqlitesack.YumAvailablePackageSqlite object at 0xc525bac>],)
>> 20 Check Package Signatures ()
>> 30 Running Test Transaction ()
>> Running rpm_check_debug
>> 40 Running Transaction ()
>
> Well, in the case of the user - the transaction cannot be run, at all...
> Is that what you mean - when it is run as a user it is silent in its
> not-running-ness?
Exactly, and it makes me nervous that other things will silently be ignored as
well (even when running as root). I did not expect it to install anything when
run as an ordinary user, but I would like to get informed of what it couldn't
complete (which somehow brings me back to what started this thread).

Best regards

Anders Blomdell

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden