[Yum] Treating 'not found' packages as errors

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Wed Apr 23 15:45:58 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 17:26 +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
>>> My initial thought is if you want to use yum with scripted interactions
>>> you can call the yum module api from python pretty easily these days.
>>>
>>> does that make sense?
>> Yes, the software that handles updates is already in python.
>>
>> Are there any docs available for the API?
>>

> limited docs, lots of good examples, though.
>
> For an easy way to get started look at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SethVidal/YumCodeSnippets

1. I don't see any example equivalent to 'yum -update' there.
2. Is there any way to specify a custom configuration without writing a file and
modify 'my.conf.config_file_path' ?

Best regards

Anders Blomdell

Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Department of Automatic Control
Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden