[Yum] How yum distingushes update packages from base packages

P Li pli888 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:08:10 UTC 2008

Thank you very much for the reply. "showdupesfromrepos=1" is added to
yum.conf and now "yum list" shows all the packages.

I have one more question: For a normal Fedora/CentOS system, this
option is not set by default in yum.conf. However, "yum list" still
shows both base packages and update packages. Why?

Thanks.