[Yum] yum --allow-downgrade syntax

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 2 16:15:22 UTC 2008

Hi,
I've googled, I've read the help, I've read the wiki, I've even read the source
code, and I just cannot figure out the syntax to the allow-downgrade plugin.
Actually, through all my googling, I haven't actually read of anyone actually
using it successfully.  Which rather blows my mind.

Anyway, what is the correct syntax?

For those that are curious ... the main code is shorter than this e-mail
message, in case it helps.

def postresolve_hook(conduit):
     opts, args = conduit.getCmdLine()
     if opts.allow_downgrade:
         tsInfo = conduit.getTsInfo()
         tsInfo.probFilterFlags.append(RPMPROB_FILTER_OLDPACKAGE)

I would file a bugzilla ... but for all I know, it's working correctly.
Thanks
Troy