[Yum] yum error

maxwell max at aerosat.co.za
Sun Nov 25 14:09:44 UTC 2007

I have re installed yum after i messed up the  etc/yum.conf file
i have replaced the yum.conf file with with one i have downloaded from
the net

i  get this error
bash: ./yum: is a directory
[my name at localhost yum-3.2.7]$ cd bin
[my name at localhost bin]$ ls
yum.py  yum-updatesd.py
[my_name at localhost bin]$ ./yum.py
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   cannot import name Errors

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.4 (#1, Oct 23 2006, 13:58:00)
[GCC 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30)]
If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

Thanks