[Yum] [patch] add 'justdb' tsflag support

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Thu Nov 8 13:30:13 UTC 2007

Yum now supports some rpm transaction flags, either by "tsflags" config
option, or by yum-tsflags plugin.

Currently only partial list of possible TS flags is supported:
"noscripts", "notriggers", "nodocs", "test" and "repackage".

I would like to propose to add "justdb" flag as well. The patch attached.

The "justdb" flag is useful in combination with "--installroot=DIR" and
"keepcache=1".

After the "yum --installroot=DIR --justdb update" we have some complete
rpm database (under DIR/var/lib/rpm). Then we catch the downloaded
packages (from DIR/var/cache/yum) and move them either to a local
repository (in a case where the rpm database reflects some local partial
repository snapshot), or move to removable media and then update a
computer without network access, etc.

Regards,
Dmitry Butskoy
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy