[Yum] Can Yum install multiple versions of the same RPM?

Wayne Sweatt sweatt at lanl.gov
Wed May 2 15:34:23 UTC 2007

Seth,
The latter. Here are a few listings of the actual RPMs, and the
header names match:

pathscale-2.3.1-0.x86_64.rpm
pathscale-2.4-0.x86_64.rpm
pathscale-2.4-ptools.x86_64.rpm
pathscale-2.5-ptools.x86_64.rpm
pathscale-3-0.ptools1.x86_64.rpm

pgi-5.2-4.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.1-3.ptools2.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.1-3.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.1-5.ptools.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.1-5.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.2-4.ptools2.x86_64.rpm
pgi-6.2-4.ptools.x86_64.rpm

I have to honestly say that I haven't tried it, but I have had
dependency errors with a few other locally built packages conflicting
with FC provided versions with the same name (subversion comes to
mind), and we had to change the names.

DO I need to use the installonly plugin/directive?

Thanks for your help.