[Yum] Yum 3.1.3 released

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Tue Mar 6 07:08:06 UTC 2007

Christoph Thiel wrote:
>>> Which version are you using? The latests yum packages from the Build Service
>>> for 10.2 do not require python-sqlite anymore.
>>>

>> The one from Opensuse 10.2 DVD, yum-3.0.1-9.i586.rpm.
>> The updated package is not in Opensuse updates yet, is it?
>>

> But you just reported bugs on yum-3.1.X?
The bug report was from when I tested yum 3.1.3. Since in my case it
doesn't work (hence the bug report), I reverted to 3.0.x.

I use local yum repositories, which (among others) keep a mirror of
opensuse 10.2 base, updates, packman, guru, plus some local packages. I
need to compile my own version of yum to make it point to the local
repository by default (rpm -Uvh is easier than keeping yum.repos.d
synchronized manually accross servers).

I used to use yum-3.0.1-9.src.rpm as a starting point, adding a
"Require: yum-conf" which contains my yum.conf and yum.repos.d. Using
that base .src.rpm to upgrade up to 3.1.3 works (as in it builds
succesfully), but yum-3.1.3 does not work as expected.

>  yum-3.1.X packages for openSUSE,
> classical SUSE Linux and SLE* 10 are available from:
>
>   http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/cthiel1/

Aha. I didn't know about that. I see you have  yum-3.1.3-3.1.i586.rpm.
I'll try it and see if it works. If it does, then most likely
something's wrong in my earlier build process.

Regards,

Fajar