[Yum] fedora 7 yum.conf question

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jun 19 10:29:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:44:27PM -0700, Duane Nelson wrote:
> I recently installed fedora 7.  The first thing I noticed was that many of
> my web pages didn't work because I didn't have adobe flash player plugin for
> firefox.  I tried to install the adobe flash plugin using yum but it didn't
> work.  I queried the yum faq at duke and fedora to understand what the issue
> was.  If I understand it correctly, I'm supposed to have an /etc/yum.conf

This isn't an issue with yum itself -- the issue is that the flash plugin is
not free or open source software, and so is not in any of the repositories
that are configured by default. You need to add this one:
<http://macromedia.mplug.org/>

> file.  I don't.  All I have in my /etc/yum dir is the following:
> pluginconf.d and yum-updatesd.conf.  Do I need to manually create
> yum.conffrom scratch?

No. Have you looked at /etc/yum.conf, not /etc/yum/yum.conf? :)