[Yum] Error when running Yum

Tim Dotson tdotson at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 02:21:32 UTC 2007

I had an older version of Python (1.3 or 1.4 or something).  I figured
that was the problem, so I updated to 2.0 but am still getting the
same error.

Trying to install a higher version of Python on my system gives an
error about libc.so.6 not being installed, even though it is.

I believe this is RH 7.3.  It's about 5 years old in any case.  I'd
like to use Yum to get the system up to date.