[Yum] proxy isa server

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 18 22:25:33 UTC 2007

paolovg at libero.it wrote:
>> From my Centos machine the dns lookup works fine, I can resolve the
>>
> mirrorlist/baseurl domains.
>
> Yes, I can authenticate with this proxy from the centos machine in
> firefox.
>
> I have tried to authenticate me, first from firefox and then I have
> executed yum, but the proxy refuse authentication.....
>
> Yes, I have just tried ntlm software, but, again, the proxy refuse my
> authentication.
Not having a ms poxy, I have not tested myself, though it seems other
have succeeded:
http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/12889  {ubuntu so not identical}
Did you allow access in local firewall ?

Also saw mention that a person succeeded by using only ftp urls.
Another by using baseurls not mirrorlist.
You could get a mirrorlist firefox, and add ftp entries. as baseurls as
a test.

DaveT.