[Yum] Re: cron style yum-updatesd configuration

Steven Cote steven.cote at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:34:11 UTC 2007

> > As best I can tell, the only scheduling parameter is 'run_interval'
> > which only nominates how often it checks without any care of what time
> > of day that interval occurs in. What I'd really like is something
> > similar to the way you schedule cron tasks.
>
> What's wrong with using cron ?

Oh, nothing really. It just seemed that updatesd should do what I was
trying to do without having to use cron.

I guess the simplest thing to do would be your last suggestion, leave
updatesd alone and just use cron to run 'yum -y --downloadonly update'
in the middle of the night.

Thanks for your help.