[Yum] My problem is not removing it is keeping

Larry C Robinson larka51 at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 22:12:42 UTC 2007

To me it seems that yum will not remove a particular package without
removing most of the packages.  I can try to remove; for instance
dmraid, but it will remove most of my GUI.  I know of a way with rpm to
remove just that package but, I would like some of the other packages to
go with it. It seems we are caught between the rpm way and learn what
each package does and to what or, the yum way and have all removed with
no choices.  Yes they all have these links but, I know some, or most,
can survive on the system very well without that other one.  If Linux is
about choice then give us back more choice.
Thanks for you time
Larry