[Yum] yum not working in fc6

balaji v balaji.tnv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:58:38 UTC 2007

I have a done a fresh fc6 installation. I am unable to go ahead with yum
update and I get the following errors while doing yum update

[root at balaji /]# yum -y update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError:
<urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.
http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
http://mirror.atrpms.net/livna/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.
ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] timed out
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna
[root at balaji /]#

 I doubt my repository configuration has some problem. Please help me

Balaji