[Yum] YUM: print download list

Lev A. Melnikovsky melnikovsky at mail.ru
Wed Jan 24 23:15:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm missing a very simple functionality which I still can find neither in man
nor in FAQ. I want 'yum update' to provide a list of URLs of the packages
instead of immediately downloading them. This list could later be fed into wget
or whatever so that potentially long download can be done at a different time.
One can later run 'yum localupdate' when required packages are already
downloaded manually. Does yum already have a switch to turn this on?

My understanding is that

'yumdownloader --urls --resolve'

should provide similar functionality, but it (as in yum-utils-1.0.2-1)
dies with:

# yumdownloader --urls --resolve gnucash
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/yumdownloader", line 190, in ?
     main()
   File "/usr/bin/yumdownloader", line 155, in main
     my.resolveDeps()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 243, in resolveDeps
     (checkdep, missing, conflict, errormsgs) = self._processReq(dep)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 302, in _processReq
     dumbmatchpkgs = self.rpmdb.searchNevra(name=name, ver=version, rel=release)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'searchNevra'

Could please, someone point me at the solution?

Thanks
-L.