[Yum] Missing dependency for package "yum" !!!!

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sun Jan 21 20:48:33 UTC 2007

Well, you have a list of repositories defined in /etc/yum.repos.d/, and
when you try to install something using yum, it gives a list of packages
to install/upgrade/remove, together with the name of repos they come from.

About your problem -- what does 'rpm -q python' and 'rpm -q --provides
python' shows you?