[Yum] Weird: IOError: <urlopen error (-2 Name.. but yumex works!!!

Alan Robert Clark a.clark at ee.wits.ac.za
Wed Jan 3 05:49:31 UTC 2007

seth vidal wrote:

> which is why I asked if there was a proxy definition involved somewhere
> b/c it might be being picked up  by those other applications (and maybe
> by yumex) but not by yum.
>
> -sv
Nope. Edit/Preferences/General/Connection Settings/Direct Connection to
the Internet on Firefox. Like I said: its wierd :-)

--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Associate Professor                 Wits University
Fax (+27 11)403-1929             a.clark at ee.wits.ac.za
Tel (+27 11)717-7223(24hr)  <http://YingTongDiddleiPo.ee.wits.ac.za/>
   GPG Public Key at <http://YingTongDiddleiPo.ee.wits.ac.za/arc.gpg>
           **Linux ---the choice of a GNU generation.**