[Yum] Re: Missing dependency stalling update?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Tue Feb 27 03:10:29 UTC 2007

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> MR> Hi Folks, Missing dependency on libbluetooth.so.2 Any suggestions?
>
> You are running FC5, but the gnokii packages you are trying to install
> (or upgrade) are built for FC6.

Errr, that's very weird!

I did once use a fc6 updates repo of something, but I checked my configs
and ran yum again, with exactly the same results.  This is the only
thing I've got in my configs that relates to fc6:
#[updates-fc6]
#name=Fedora Core SIX ONLY - Updates
#baseurl=ftp://ftp.wicks.co.nz/pub/linux/dist/fedora/updates/6/$basearch/
#gpgcheck=0
#enabled=0

Now, I can't see any reason why that should be causing a problem?  Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
M.
--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220