[Yum] installroot question

Curtis Higgins higgincc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:06:29 UTC 2007

My ultimate goal would be to have the nfs mount self contained.  If all the
libiries and dependencies need to be installed in /usr/local, then that is
fine with me.  I'm not doing this for any reason other than to learn how to
do it.  At some point I'd envision using this set up in an academic setting
with many computers.

Would rpm source files be an option?  Can yum resolve the dependincies on
rpm source files?  And, can you modify where the rpm scource files install
to, and use yum to handle all the other stuff?  I was thinking of writing a
wrapper script that I can use to get everything self contained on the nfs
mount.

Also, what steps would I need to go through to either move, or copy a
program from one location to another.  ie Copy the bin, then the libiries,
then ???

Thanks