[Yum] Re: yum: list/update to multiple versions of a package

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 12 19:03:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 18:13 +0000, Brian Wiese wrote:
> Seth,
>
> Have you and the Yum developers had a chance to include the feature such
> that a yum client can list/see _all_ of the available versions of a
> package hosted in the yum repository, instead of just the latest
> version?[1]
>
> You said that it was on the ToDo list[2], but I could not find it there.
>
> The reason is, that I'm building my own software that I want in my yum
> repository - though I want to be able to install a certain version
> (stable) on some systems and perhaps the latest (testing) on another...
> without changing the package names.  I know that I've seen this in
> apt/dpkg on Debian, and I was hoping to see it in yum.  e.g. when I run:

showdupesfromrepos=1 will let you see them all.

yum install some-specific-version-here

will install that version (provided you don't already have a newer
version installed)

However, yum update some-specific-version will probably not work.

At least as of 3.2.8 that should do the right thing. We know we've found
a bug in the case of kernel installs with 3.2.8 but not with regular
packages.

give the above a try and let me know.