[Yum] Yum Problem

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:06:35 UTC 2007

> okay a yum cache is separated per repo:
>
> /var/cache/yum/[reponame]
>
> then under there there are subdirs:
> /var/cache/yum/[reponame]/packages
>

> I was saying just export and mount the packages subdir via nfs - not the
> whole cache hierarchy.
>
> That way the heavy part of the download you're taking care of.

Just to update the thread, I did the nfs export of each package
directory and mounted
them under /var/cache/yum/<repo>/package and now it is working exactly
like it did
before.

I am still reading and trying to find out why sqlite decided that it
no longer wanted to
work like it has for several releases of fedora.

Thanks for all of the assistance and responses.  Open source rock!
--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at