[Yum] Yum Problem

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:25:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 5:16 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 17:11 -0600, John Pierce wrote:
> > > run this command and report the output please:
> > >
> > > rpm -q yum python rpm rpm-python sqlite
> > >
> > [eagle1 at linbook2 ~]$ rpm -q yum python rpm rpm-python sqlite
> > yum-3.2.7-1.fc8
> > python-2.5.1-15.fc8
> > rpm-4.4.2.2-7.fc8
> > rpm-python-4.4.2.2-7.fc8
> > sqlite-3.4.2-3.fc8
> >
> > > also is /var/cache/yum on an nfs mount or something?
> > >
> > The cache I am using is on an nfs mount that I share between several
> > machines, then I
> > only have to download updates once.
>
> that would be your problem.
>
> sqlite's probably not having a good time with nfs. In fact I'm sure of
> it.
That would be weird, I have used yum in fedora 7 in just the same way
and have had
no problems with it, as a matter of fact I did it with fedora core 5
and 6.  It has always
just worked.  I will move the cache locally and see if it will run an update.

Thanks for your assistance Seth, I will report back on the status.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at