[Yum] yum 3.2.4

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Wed Aug 29 07:55:02 UTC 2007

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>
>> let us know what breaks,
>>
> TypeError: unknown key type

Hi Seth,
Here's the thing. Up to yum 3.2.3 I've been applying Christoph's patch
for the TypeError problem:
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2007-May/009834.html

When I build yum-3.2.4, I didn't apply it. Turns out to be a big mistake :)
With that patch, the TypeError bug goes away. Is there a particular
reason why this patch is not merged?

With that bug out of the way, I get the same bug I did with yum 3.2.3 :
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 461, in
_search
    if self._excluded(rep,x['pkgId']):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Looking at the source, I found this :
executeSQL(cur, "select * from packages where pkgKey=?",
  (pkgKey,))
x = cur.fetchone()
if self._excluded(rep,x['pkgId']):
  continue

which seems to cause problems when the SQL query does not return any
rows, i.e x=None.
So, following the hint on
http://docs.python.org/tut/node6.html#SECTION006710000000000000000
(search for the word 'None') I created a patch (attached) that seems to
fix this problem (please review).

With that bug out of the way as well, I'm back to the first bug I
submitted with yum 3.2.3:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py", line 164, in
ts_done
    (t,e,n,v,r,a) = self._te_tuples[0] # what we should be on
IndexError: list index out of range

But at least now yum completed updating my system :)
Using Opensuse 10.2, yum-3.2.4, yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2.

Regards

Fajar