[Yum] Re: Yum or repository problem?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 27 07:27:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 01:40:29PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> The downside of this approach is replacing an upstream package
> (module-init-tools). I'd rather not do this, but at the moment this is
> the best solution that I can find.

Personally the best soluition would be if yum had yum-skip-broken
automatically turned on. Not only would that not yell on kmdls from
kernels that were just removed, but it would allow to offer kmdls of
kernels that are yet to come, e.g. are in updates-testing.

I had started to build for kernels in updates-testing so that users
would always (but on rushing in security updates) be able to upgrade
kernels and kmdl w/o any time lag in between. But I had to give up as
offering kmdls of kernels yet to come was breaking yum's transaction
in the mentioned way. yum-skip-broken would be great to always have
turned on, w/o having to explain to every user why he needs it.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net