[Yum] Newer version on Yum wont install.

Tanya Bastien tovasshi at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 23:41:18 UTC 2007

I just updated to Fedore 7 after installing Fedora core 6. I am trying to install Yum 2.6.1 but I get this:

# rpm -Uvh http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/ 2.6/yum-2.6.1-1.src.rpm
Retrieving http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/2.6/yum-2.6.1-1.src.rpm
warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.o0zJ6O: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 69886c c7
   1:yum                    warning: user skvidal does not exist - using root
warning: group skvidal does not exist - using root
warning: user skvidal does not exist - using root)
warning: group skvidal does not exist - using root

I check to see if it is installed, and no, not there.

The version of Yum I had on was not compatable with the version of Python(2.5) that was installed during an update. So now I can't install Yum a newer version of yum.

Older version of yum will install, however they won't with python.

What are the complete steps I should take to fix this?