[Yum] Frakenyum LIVES!

Gallie, Keith Keith.Gallie at amd.com
Wed Aug 8 14:50:55 UTC 2007

> I've forgotten why are you combining rpm 4.2.3 and yum 2.0.8?

Those are the versions in the default locations /usr/bin/yum and
/bin/rpm which are fully installed and in use by our sys admin to do
system type installs across the network. However, it does use
/usr/bin/python which is v 2.2 and which *should* be excluded by python
2.1+ (right?) but that is what our system guys are using. All the code
seems to ldd correctly.

I think rpm config files explain the two rpm dbs of /var/lib/rpm and
/usr/lib/rpmdb/x86_64-redhat-linux/redhat. _dbpath is set to
%{_var}/lib/rpm and _solve_dbpath is set to
/usr/lib/rpmdb/x86_64-redhat-linux/redhat. Seems odd to me.

Thanks