[Yum] facing an issue to install Yum on Fedora Core 4

rbanjade rbanjade at d2hawkeye.com
Wed Apr 11 03:36:46 UTC 2007

Do you want to install or upgrade your yum?
First be sure.
Download the source rpm of latest stable release from
 http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download.ptml
 and build binary rpm or search for binary rpm.

Thanks,
R Banjade

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 14:23 +0100, Santosh Panda wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Yum, facing an issue to install Yum on Fedora Core 4.
> Could you please help.
>
> rpm -Uvh http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc4/yum
> Retrieving http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc4/yum
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         yum is needed by yum-fedorafaq-4-2006.02.03.noarch
>

> Thanks,
> Santosh

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.