[Yum] reading installonlypkgs config option?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Apr 5 19:23:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:00:16PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > Okay, that'll work.
> > > Alternatively, you'd have to parse the config file on your own.
> > Or if I patch yum to provide config installonlypkgs in yum shell, would you
> > apply it?
> sure, but how would you grab the info? it doesn't let you save it, just
> set it.

Well, unless you're going to go down the road of full-scripting-language in
yum shell :) , I'd just do something like:

yum check-update yum || yum -y update yum
P=$(echo config installpkgs|yum shell|awk '/> installpkgs:/ {print $3}')
yum check-update $P || yum -y update $P
yum check-update || yum -y update

(except with actually checking return values and doing something with the
output.)