[Yum] suggestion: CTRL-C should immediately stop yum

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Sep 13 15:22:12 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:11 PM -0400 Konstantin Ryabitsev
<icon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I say this because almost every user learns about "kill -9" the day after
> the learn about "rm" and "mkdir," and when an application quietly ignores
> user interrupts, it just triggers the "oh yeah, I'll show you!" mode,
> because most people will assume that something is broken.

Hopefully Yum handles SIGTERM better than it currently handles SIGINT.
Whenever I see people recommending "kill -9" I try to explain why that's
bad and why one should first try "kill" with no signal specified (which
defaults to SIGTERM).