[Yum] RPM DB corruption after using Yum

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Sep 5 01:27:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 18:23 -0700, Patrick Donahue wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> I just read your post
> (https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2003-April/001010.html)
> from way back in April 2003 as I'm experiencing the
> same problem. I used yum to update some packages,
> noticed I had RPM DB problems, and rpm --rebuilddb
> before deleting the necessary files in /var/lib/rpm.
> Is there any way to fix my setup? I have lots of
> missing packages when I run "rpm -qa". Also, I thought
> this bug was fixed long ago? I'm running yum version
> 2.4.2.

1. don't contact me directly about problems, please contact the
yum-mailing list - that way your questions and the responses to them can
help more people

2. The problem is in the version of rpm - so you'll have to have a bit
more complete info - what ver of rpm and of the linux kernel are you
running? What distro is it?

thanks,