[Yum] yum Missing Dependency for existing file

jbrad4 jim at bradbury.org
Fri Oct 27 00:56:46 UTC 2006

I just updated to fc6.  When I run yum, I get Missing Dependencies for
libiso9660.so.4 and libcdio.so.6

Locate shows that both these files exist in /usr/lib

I added the following lines to the .bashrc in both the /root and /home/user
directorys and then
sourced the .bashrc in the shell
----------------------------
     if [ -z ${LIBRARY_PATH:=""}  ]; then
       LIBRARY_PATH=$DBROOT/lib:/usr/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
     else
       LIBRARY_PATH=$DBROOT/lib:/usr/lib
     fi
     if [ -z ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:=""}  ]; then
       LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DBROOT/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
     else
       LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DBROOT/lib:/usr/lib
     fi
     export LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
When I do an "echo  $LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" in the root shell before
running yum,
I get "/lib:/usr/lib /lib:/usr/lib "

If yum doesn't use LIBRARY_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, what does it use to find
the dependent library files?
(How do you tell yum where the library files are?)

Thanks,

-= Jim =-