[Yum] Help with plugin - repogroups

Luke Ross luke at lukeross.name
Tue Oct 17 10:23:28 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:52:41PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > be able to vet the list of candidates for satisfying a given
> > name/dependency and choose the one that meets the requirements best.
>
> There's nothing in the depsolve callback to let you do that, no.
> It's a place where the plugin and depsolving code could probably be
> enhanced.

I'm assuming that means an appropriate patch adding a new hook would be
considered?

> > resolution again. It's particularly icky because as far as I can see
> > there's no way for this hook to know what the original reason(s) for
> > including the items in the transaction set are (ie. what dependecy
> > resulted in this member being added?)
>
> I thought you could traverse the tsInfo from that hook. If you can then
> you can see the reasons in each ts member.

The relatedto field outlines a reason for the addition (eg. 'obsoletes',
'upgrades', etc), but I can't see anything specifying what the
dependency(s) being satisfied is. To build up a picture of what's going
on, it would be useful to know if the package is bring installed because
foo is required, or foo=4.0 is required, or libfoo.so.4 is required.
The answer could lead to different sets of candidate packages being
built.

Cheers,

Luke