[Yum] download specific version

Patrick A Thompson pat_n_cats at juno.com
Sun Oct 8 20:30:40 UTC 2006

      If you are a newbie to Linux- ask yourself- do I really need to
do this.  Others have addressed the yum part of the problem, but the
Linux part of the problem is also nasty.
      The way I have seen it done is to set up a separte directory
structure
for gcc-3.5... (look in your system and you will see the tree for
gcc-4.1)
load the compilers and libraries in this tree then add into the makefiles
to direct compilation and linking to 3.5.  Good luck.  When I was faced
with
the problem I gave up and converted the code :=(
        Pat