[Yum] yum-utils 1.0

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Thu Oct 5 08:23:19 UTC 2006

seth vidal wrote:
> Hi folks,
>  as part of the release of yum 3.0 we've also put out a yum-utils
> release.

[snip]
> SRPM:
>  http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-utils/yum-utils-1.0-1.src.rpm

.spec file says you need yum > 3.0 for yum-allowdowngrade and
yum-skip-broken. I assume you mean >= 3.0.
I changed it and it seems to work so far.

My favorite plugin however is yum-plugin-priorites
(http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities)
It's like a more powerful version of yum-protectbase. It still works on
yum-3.0, although it generates some warning about registerOpt (then
again, downloadonly and allowdowngrade also generates warnings about
TYPE_INTERFACE.)

Is there any chance for this plugin to be included in yum-utils?

Regards,

Fajar