[Yum] Is yum 2.4 forcing IPv6 lookups?

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 29 03:35:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 03:53:40PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > This is where I knew python... so I wouldn't have to ask you more.  Does
> > it take any special care to specifically ask about ipv6, or does it just
> > dish the host name over generically?

> I don't know. I know there was an issue at one point with it doing a
> lookup it shouldn't be doing. Google back on yum and ipv6. I think
> there's a bug about it in rh's bugzilla.
The offending code is not in yum or urlgrabber.  It's probably in
socket.  I'm on the road now and can't look more carefully, but Seth's
right.  There is still a bug in bugzilla about it.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department and Optical Sciences Center                520-626-1619
  University of Arizona                                         ECE 524G