[Yum] groups file not in cache?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:19:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

I created a repo with 'createrepro -g repodata/comps.xml .'
Next I added this (http) repo to /etc/yum.repos.d (note I removed all
other repo's).
Now I perform 'yum makecache' and the /var/cache/yum gets updated with
the repodata.

However, it seems the 'comps.xml' file is not added to the cache (it
is never downloaded from the webserver - at least from looking at the
access_log).
The comps.xml is referenced from the repomd.xml file in the 'group'
data section.

When I do a yum grouplist, this results in an empty grouplist.
If I manually add the comps.xml to the yum cache, I get the correct grouplist.

Any idea what is causing this? (Can I provide more information).
I'm using yum-3.0.1-2.fc6 on a Fedora Core 6 machine.

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen